Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Thanks for a great year!


Thank You!
Dear Parents,

As school closes for the year, I would like to thank you for your help and support!  This has been a great year for me and I hope a meaningful experience for your child.  I hope your child had a lot of fun and an eventful year of learning!!  Since the direction of summer learning is at home by you, it is important that your child continue his/her learning experiences.  Reading to your child is one of the best ways a parent can help.  Talking about the pictures, asking questions about the story, and letting your child retell the story are important skills for all age children.   Have your child write about a picture or a story, write notes and messages or write a letter to grandma. Also, it is a great idea to continue practicing math skills such as addition and subtraction. 

The public library also has a summer reading program that you might want to check into!  It is a lot of fun and a great program! I hope you and your family have a safe and enjoyable summer and a good year in first grade. Last, but not least, “THANK YOU!” for sharing your precious children with me.  I will miss them!
Sincerely,
Ginny Janak


No comments:

Post a Comment